I offer specialty consultation in holistic medicine. For most issues I am usually able to create a maintenance plan with the initial visit and 1-3 follow-up visits. For those interested in private mindfulness instruction a typical series involves a 1 ½ hour intake appointment and 6-8, 30-60 minute follow-up appointments. Some children, teens, and adults develop the skills with fewer appointments, and others choose to continue to receive support for a longer period of time.
I do not provide primary care, take call, or admit patients to the hospital. I strongly encourage you to develop a relationship with a primary care physician whom you trust for medical emergencies and some routine care. (I have a network of referrals).
If you wish, I will work in partnership with your primary care and specialty physicians, as well as with your holistic health care practitioners.
- In order to focus my time and attention on caring for you, I have chosen to offer care on a fee-for-service basis.
- I request payment at the time of service and provide billing sheets for you to submit to your insurance company.
- My experience has been that all of my patients with PPO’s have been reimbursed at their out-of-plan rate.
- The initial appointment is 1 1/2 hours, $450. This appointment is designed to allow time for me to get to know you, to attend to your health and well-being, and for us to co-create your unique care plan.
- Follow-up appointments are billed in 15 minute increments based on a $300 hour.
- I happily offer brief emails or phone calls at no charge, and email or phone consultation longer than 15 minutes is billed at my hourly rate in 15 minute increments.
- Often there are additional specialty lab fees, such as a comprehensive sex hormone panel or adrenal stress index.
- Payment by personal check, is preferred. Payment may also be made by VISA, Master Card, and American Express.
- There is no charge for appointments canceled 24 hours before the scheduled time (48 hours for the initial appointment).
- Appointments missed or canceled with less than 24 hours notice will be billed at 100% of the cost of the scheduled visit.